When Ekta Kapoor decides to compare GOT with her saas bahu dramas, this happens to me.....
#GOTFandom #GOTIsReligion 😂😂😂😂
Dear Miss Kapoor,
First of all, heartiest congratulations for your success in spreading filth, narrow mindedness, superstitions, importance of irrational hatred, selfishness and all those negative emotions in a society which is already tackling to overcome these.
Second of all, for your kind knowledge, there is a difference between Indian TV content and your soaps. Indian TV also hosts programs like Crime Patrol, Savdhan India and The Voice India Kids. It has also hosted in the past programs like Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Shrimaan Shrimati, Hum Paanch, Malgudi Days, Hum Log, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Ghutan, Surbhi, Circus, Kora Kaagaz etc. etc. You see? The difference?
You raised a pointless argument here by comparing GOT to your serials. However, I take it upon me, to open your eyes to a few things that might give you some, if not all, the answers you are looking for.
1) GOT is a medieval fantasy. Let me know if you wish to typify your shows as medieval fantasy too. If you wish to do so, you are going to start an altogether new argument.
2) GOT has been shot at scenic locales like Belfast, Northern Ireland, Malta, Croatia, Iceland and Morocco amongst a few others to make sure it abides by its genre of fantasy. The writer, directors, screenplay artists have brought out an alternate world for us to witness. Your shows have been shot in extravagantly filthy rich houses and bunglows with spacious lawns and 2 km long staircases, adorned with chandeliers and satin curtains and whatnot. And then you say you portray "common people"s emotions and your neighbourhood aunties' ways. (I don't know how many of us have neighbourhood aunties who wear 5 cm long earrings even when they sleep.)
3) GOT makers undestand the significance of background music. (It is generally used to enhance the effect of a situation, just to let you know, in case you don't.) They understand subtlety and stay away from creating music that denotes unnecessary drama, even if it is a fantasy, to make sure you feel inside the world. They do not have inappropriate bollywood/hollywood love songs playing in just to stretch the whole thing.
4) While Jon Snow was resurrected, the makers made sure of doing it before the body actually burnt. Unlike Mr. Mihir Virani. (I read you guys brought him back after showing his funeral pyre without making it clear whose body was burnt, if it wasn't Mr. Virani after all).
5) I strongly advise you to observe the women in the show. They sure are selfish and backstabbing like in your shows, but their purpose is political. They are either avenging their families or trying to win the iron throne. May I understand what do your women fight for? Love of a husband who has proven himself an infidel 100 number of times? Or creating impression in the eyes of a mother-in-law who treats her daughter-in-law like a piece of shit? Umm, what? Why is validation of a woman by someone other than the woman herself such an important part of your show?
6) Your women wear jewellery and make up and saris even while they sit at home and plot the other woman's "barbaadi". They cook and clean and watch out after their children. And the children unlike the normal children spit stuff like "paay lagu ba" etc etc to ensure they look respectful in the eyes of their elders. Not sure which "yug" are you trying to depict here. You have "ba"s who live for 100 thousand years to see their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren and shit, without Melisandre's ruby necklace. Like, how?
7) Your shows revolve around who will pick up the fallen spoon, and whether Raj will eat the laddoos that Pooja had made, and whether Bajaj will leave Rashmi to be with Neha, and whether Ba will understand Beti's wishes, and aarrghh. In normal world there are far worse problems than these and I so wish you make yourself aware of all those and stop being so stubbornly unaware of the REAL world.
8) Your shows do not end for YEARS together. GOT ends where it has to and a new series comes after a year to ensure that the viewer's are not bored to the hilt and the screenplay writers also get some creative time to come out with their best instead of just stretching one scene to nowhere or showing same stuff 200 number of times under the pretext of effects.
And if you still want to compare your shows with GOT and typify it as a medieval fantasy, I am sorry, but I am unable to find an alternate universe in your shows. They are mediocre, unmagical and they do not, absolutely do not, add any value to a normal person's time except make them think that a cat crossing a road is a bad omen and that if a light burns out before you do the aarti then the person may not live long.
I suggest you watch stuff like GOT, FRIENDS, Grey's Anatomy etc very carefully Or if you want to get inspired by some Indian TV shows, then the ones I quoted above should help. If you wish to get some more inspiration, do call me and I will give you recommendations. We can then hope to see some good things coming from you instead of some irrational hate saga dripping like a snake's venom from everyone's eyes and mouth.